Gelling fibre dressing
Gelling fibre dressing with Hydrolock® Technology for advanced fluid lock-in property for medium to highly exuding and cavity wounds
Unlike more traditional gelling fibres, Exufiber® is a non-woven PVA dressing. It transforms into a gel upon contact with exudate, helping it to softly conform to the wound bed. Exufiber can be used to treat a wide range of medium to highly exuding wounds, including cavity wounds.
Exufiber is made with Hydrolock® Technology that gives the dressing its ability to efficiently transfer exudate from the wound bed to the secondary dressing, while locking in exudate to prevent leakage and reduce the risk for maceration
Hydrolock Technology also means Exufiber stays intact when wet, without the need for further reinforcement, making it easy to remove in one piece during dressing changes
Exufiber dressings support a clean wound bed upon dressing removal by its superior* lock-in capacity, its ability to stay intact and not leave residues in the wound bed and by promoting autolytic debridement
You can use Exufiber in combination with Mepilex® Border Flex a unique combination of Flex Technology and Safetac®.
- Softly conforms for greater comfort
- Absorbs and locks in exudate, even under compression, to reduce risk of leaks and maceration
- Efficiently transfers exudate away from the wound bed to the secondary dressing
- Promotes autolytic debridement to support a clean wound bed upon dressing removal
- Stays intact for clean and easy one-piece removal
- Helps to create an optimal healing environment
- Combining Exufiber and Mepilex Border Flex, a unique combination of Flex Technology and Safetac, together delivers the benefits of both dressings and promotes an undisturbed healing environment for the wound.
*when comparing lab test results for retention under pressure with Aquacel®, Aquacel® ExtraTM, Durafiber® and UrgoClean® dressings.
Further product information
When to use Exufiber®
Exufiber can be used for many types of exuding wounds, such as leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers, partial-thickness burns, surgical wounds, donor sites, malignant wounds.
How to use Exufiber
See these easy-to-follow instructions for using Exufiber.
The story behind Hydrolock® Technology
The fibres in Hydrolock Technology are interwoven in such a way that the exudate has less space to circulate freely, and is locked in to the dressing. This gives Exufiber its unique ´lock-in´ properties and high ´dressing integrity´.
The tightly packed fibres keep exudate containing bacteria locked in
*For up to seven days, 14 days on donor sites