health and safety
Health and safety
October 1 2013
At Mölnlycke Health Care, we are committed to providing a safe environment for our employees, suppliers and visitors at all of our sites around the world. We continuously work to eliminate potential risks in the workplace, monitor safety performance and comply with relevant laws wherever we operate.
Our approach to health and safety management
We continuously work to improve health and safety by taking proactive measures to prevent accidents at all of our operating sites, which of course includes fulfilling local regulations. Each of our factories has a health and safety team consisting of a cross-section of employees who meet regularly in order to discuss health and safety issues and recommend actions to prevent accidents. We also enforce collaboration between our sites, so that we can share best practice and achieve improvements across the company. Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) representatives from each site meet monthly with the regional and global EHS management to discuss issues and share ideas.
Our health and safety policy
Our health and safety policy is part of our wider mission to prevent harm and provide safe healthcare solutions for medical practitioners and patients. The policy also commits us to maintain the health, safety and welfare of our employees and society by:
- complying with all relevant statutory occupational health and safety legislation and regulations
- ensuring that procedures are in place for employees to raise health and safety issues and provide training to raise awareness among all employees
- establishing health and safety objectives and reviewing them in order to achieve continuous improvements and to minimise risks and hazards.
Health and safety performance
Our health and safety performance is monitored systematically and measured on a monthly basis. The results are presented and discussed in reports to our management based on comparison against our global targets regarding
- Number of Lost Time Accidents (LTA) per million working hours
- Number of Lost Time Days (LTD) per million working hours